Brussels, the capital of Belgium and the administrative center of the European Union, is known by the title of the “Capital of Europe.” The city is inhabited by a coexistence of French and Flemish culture, and is also home to nationalities from around the world. The character of Brussels is further enhanced by its sparkling squares, beautiful boulevards, impressive monuments, spacious parks, and cozy cafés.
- The Grand Place – Considered one of the most beautiful squares in Europe; it is surrounded by exquisite buildings, it’s listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is lined with restaurants and cafes. The square is also decorated with a fascinating flower carpet every two years in August.
- The Beer – Brussels is the perfect place both for beer experts and amateurs who’re curious to try out more of it. Feel free to enjoy all the unique kinds of beer available anytime of day since it’s always beer o’clock in Belgium!
- The Chocolate – Belgium produces more chocolate per capita than any other in the country and it’s available in boutiques, corner shops and restaurants. The secret is the pureness of the cocoa which makes the chocolate exquisite and rich.
- The Architecture – Brussels is the capital of Art Nouveau: where architects Victor Horta and Paul Hankar designed the first Art Nouveau buildings in the world, Hotel Tassel and the Maison Hankar.
- The Belgian Waffles – Belgian waffles are so good that they will make you compel you not just to return to Brussels, but probably to move there for good!
- The Outdoor Festivals – People of all ages and nationalities come together to enjoy its Brussel’s’ various festivals like: Jazz Marathon, Food Truck Festival, Belgian Beer Weekend, Comic Strip Festival, etc.
So, these are some of the best reasons why you should plan a trip to Brussels, Belgium!