Almost everyone says they wish they could travel more and when asked what stopping them, often the answer is money and time. While your days off is something you need to plan, contrary to popular belief, traveling doesn’t always have to be expensive. Follow these best tips for budget travelers to get the most out of your vacation-and money!
1. Plan your vacation well in advance. The more you wait, the more everything becomes expensive. Whether its plane tickets or hotel reservations, being early means you’ll find the best and most affordable deals.
2. Avoid conventional times to visit destinations. Instead of travelling during the vacation seasons, travel off peak. Avoiding tourist season can seriously cut the cost of your trip.
3. Make smart reservations. Fresh white sheets and small bars of soap are nice but such luxurious hotel will sap your wallet. As an alternative there are a variety of other options available, ranging from hostels to services like Airbnb (which allows travelers to rent rooms or apartments from locals).
4. Visit unconventional countries that are trying to promote their tourism sector. Governments of such countries usually subsidize prices for tourists – which you can benefit from. But, you should make sure that the area is stable and secure before going though.
5. Pick an economical travel option. Airplanes are not the only way to travel. To save major bucks look for land travel options like railways, trains or buses. The journey may be longer but after all it’s the journey that matters not only the destination.
6. Skip the unnecessary souvenirs and gifts. Rather snap some beautiful pics and make a photo-album to remember your trip. A magnet or two is okay, but don’t go overboard.
So pick your next destination using these trips and enjoy your vacation without busting your wallet!