We all have that one friend who always seems to be going on vacation and finding flights and travel packages with unbelievably low prices. With all the promotions and deals available these days, it’s easier than ever to score a cut-rate vacation. Just follow these tips to keep track of travel promotions:
- Create a wish list of places you want to vacation, and based on that you can narrow down your search for discounted flights and hotel packages. Establishing a budget and planning early on will allow you to have the upper hand.
- Subscribe to the email lists of a range of hotel and airlines. This is an easy way to keep track of any upcoming promotions, discounts and packages. For airlines, frequent flier programs are a great way to save money on flights, especially if you travel repeatedly with one airline.
- Scour sites that offer coupons whenever you get the chance! Hotels and tour companies often advertise on such sites like: Groupon, Amazon Local and LivingSocial.
- Find out when the less popular travel months are and look for vacation deals during those times. Those times are when there is less tourist flow and more travel and lodging promotions are bound to pop up.
- Tracking travel bloggers is another great way to keep tabs on inexpensive travel deals. They often share airfare, hotel and travel reward promotions on social media so it’s worth checking out their blogs or social media accounts.
Signing up for credit cards, tabulating your travels and using loyalty program point trackers like Awardwallet are a few other tips to keep in mind.