When did you last lay under the vast night sky or cook a meal over an open fire? If you haven’t yet or can’t remember, then it’s time to pack your backpack and head out into the woods (or a local campground). The smell of campfires and pine trees is enough to allure all to the great outdoors. If not, here are some more reasons:
- Camping allows you to get away from the stress of everyday life and provides a unique opportunity to disconnect yourself for a while.
- You learn to appreciate and respect nature, viewing it from a new and natural perspective.
- Going camping with friends and family allows you to spend quality time with your loved ones-whether it’s playing sports, cooking or stargazing.
- Camping usually consists of activities like swimming, hiking or walking- all of which are good ways to energize and exercise your body.
- Compared to taking a vacation, camping is much more affordable and it’s a fun way to travel and explore new places that you haven’t been to before.
- When camping you get to have delicious delights like s’mores, roast potatoes, hot dogs and hamburgers without an ounce of regret!
- It’s a great way to learn and teach survival skills like, pitching a tent, starting a fire, tying proper knots and how to be safe in the wilderness.
So, grab your sleeping bag, flashlight, marshmallows and hit the outdoor trail!